ATV @ Kemensah Waterfall


After backpacking to Singapore, horse-riding in Bukit Tinggi and numerous other lil adventures, my friend and I decided to give this ATV (all-terrain-vehicle) thing a try. I know about this place through an article on an Expatriate magazine as well as another article in The Star recently.

With so much media exposure and word-of-mouth marketing, this place located in Kemensah Waterfall Hulu Klang is quite famous. It is advisable to call and make reservations in advance to avoid disappointment. Numbers are available on the article or via its website www.atvmalaysia.com

Getting there is not an issue although in my opinion a nice compact car would be a better choice. Drive through Zoo Negara entrance, parking A and parking b and continue futher down about 3km and you’lll start to see yellow signs of “ATV for RENTAL�?.



My buddy and I got there quite early (we were excited!) so we had a nice morning jog walk around the area and had breakfast in a nice small ‘gerai’. If you’re not keen on the ATV ride, there are places where you can have picnics with friends and families around the area.
What a way to start a day..


 

Anyway the ride cost me RM100 for a 2.5 hours adventure. I believe its worth the money considering the location close to KL (its in KL!) and it includes a short briefing & training, full guide, a bike, 40 minutes ride into a multi-tier private waterfall, 30 minutes waterfall fun, 30 minutes ride home, sandwiches and a bottle of water. Not bad at all.


The ATV bikes are mostly manual bikes. Initially I was scared since I never ride a bike except as passenger and I can’t even drive manual cars. But the briefing and training by the friendly owners help boost my confidence and within minutes I’m changing gears like I own the bike (I wish I own one!)

 

The ride into the waterfall is an uphill ride with few challenging trails. It’s challenging but not extremely-difficult. Enough to keep you on your feet and feel good about yourself although you never do any crazy things like bungee jumping or diving or something like that.
Me…enjoying the ride…


The waterfall is really cool. It’s FUN FUN FUN! No trace of other people except the 7 of us (the whole team for each trip) and no rubbish and the water is clean enough to actually drink it (although I’m not the adventurous)

 

It’s a family business…the son is also one of the experienced and expert marshall.


 
All in all it was a great 2.5 hours time. Give it a try if you’re looking for some nature fun near KL. Some tips:
1) Travel-light…refreshment provided
2) Whatever happens don’t put down your legs
3) Leave Fear at home
4) Respect Nature
5) Leech is not that bad….wear socks next time! Haha
A little souvenir for me for not checking my shoes before wearing it and not wearing socks…

 





credit to azuanzahdi

0 comments:

Post a Comment